At Westgate Baptist Church, we are passionate about prayer.
We are on a journey from being a church that prays, to being a church devoted to prayer: a house of prayer.
The points below, written by Fred A. Hartley III, help to explain what this means for us...
A CHURCH THAT PRAYS:
1. Prays about what it does.
2. Fits prayer in.
3. Prays when there are problems.
4. Announces a special time of prayer — some in the church show up.
5. Asks God to bless what it is doing.
6. Is frustrated by financial shortfall — backs down from projects.
7. Is tired, weary, stressed out.
8. Does things within its means.
9. Sees its members as its parish.
10. Is involved in the work of man.
A CHURCH DEVOTED TO PRAYER:
1. Does things by prayer.
2. Gives prayer priority.
3. Prays when there are opportunities.
4. Announces a special time of prayer — the entire church shows up.
5. Asks God to enable it to do what He is blessing.
6. Is challenged by financial shortfall — calls for fasting, prayer, and faith.
7. Mounts up with wings like eagles, runs and doesn’t grow weary, walks and does not faint.
8. Does things beyond its means.
9. Sees the world as its parish.
10. Is involved in the work of God.